Cinnamon, Cassia, Ground
While closely related to the sweet cinnamon most commonly used in Indian cuisine, cassia cinnamon is hotter and zestier with a much thicker bark. Grown throughout Southeast and East Asia, there are many different cultivars, each with its own distinct terroir. We love our Indonesian cassia cinnamon for its smooth heat and classic flavor. This is the cinnamon you want for traditional pies and baked goods!
Contains: Ground cassia cinnamon powder.
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum burmannii
- Alternate Names: Korintje cinnamon
- Tasting Notes: Piquant, hot, classic, smooth, sweet, slightly citrusy
- Pairs Well With: Apples, butter, baked goods
- Try In: Sicilian Wild Fennel Biscotti, Cherry-Almond-Mahlab Granola
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Culinary Essentials Set and Sweet Sugar, Sultry Spice Cookbook & Spice Set. Or combine with blends using cassia like Bazaar Baharat, Sichuan Five Spice, and Da Lat Spice, Gift Wrap