Chile, Tabasco, Costa Rican, Whole
Small and hot, Tabasco chilies are probably best known for their namesake hot sauce, but they are capable of so much more! With a bright, floral flavor and balanced heat, these can be used whole or crushed to add kick to your favorite recipes. Tabasco chilies play particularly nicely with vinegar and are wonderful in sauces and bean dishes. Crush thoroughly to make your own seasoning powder!
Contains: Whole tabasco chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum frutescens
- Origin: San Carlos, Republic of Costa Rica
- Sourcing: Direct sourced from a small family farm using regenerative agroforestry and sustainable agricultural methods
- Harvest: Fall 2020
- Tasting Notes: Bold, fruity, floral, vinegary, medium hot to very hot
- Pairs Well With: Granulated Garlic, beans, vinegar
- Try In: Hot sauces, chili, guacamole
- Special Tips: Wash your hands thoroughly with dish soap after handling or crushing with your fingers, as these can be hot enough to cause skin irritation for those with sensitive skin