Chile, Tabasco, Costa Rican, Whole
Small and hot, Tabasco chilies are probably best known for their namesake hot sauce, but they are capable of so much more! With a bright, floral flavor and balanced heat, these can be used whole or crushed to add kick to your favorite recipes. Makes a good substitute for fresh birds eye chilies. Tabasco plays particularly nicely with vinegar and are wonderful in sauces and bean dishes. Crush thoroughly to make your own seasoning powder!
Contains: Whole tabasco chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum frutescens
- Origin: San Carlos, Republic of Costa Rica
- Sourcing: Direct sourced from a small family farm using regenerative agroforestry and sustainable agricultural methods
- Harvest: Fall 2020
- Tasting Notes: Bold, fruity, floral, vinegary, medium hot to very hot
- Heat: 30k-50k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Granulated Garlic, beans, vinegar
- Try In: Hot sauces, chili, guacamole
- Special Tips: Wash your hands thoroughly with dish soap after handling or crushing with your fingers, as these can be hot enough to cause skin irritation for those with sensitive skin