Chile, Shishito, Massachusetts, Whole
Shishito chilies are a generally mild (only one-in-ten is hot) chile from Japan that is most often eaten blistered on a grill and garnished with salt. Unusually, these shishito chilies have been vine ripened to a lovely red and dried by our friends at Meggie’s Farm. Rehydrate to give an earthy and slightly sweet flavor to soups and sauces.
Contains: Dried shishito chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Alternate Names: Lion Head Pepper, Kkwari-gochu
- Origin: Rehoboth, Massachusetts USA
- Sourcing: Direct sourced in small batches from a small family owned farm
- Harvest: Fall 2020
- Tasting Notes: Earthy, sweet, vegetal
- Pairs Well With: Meat, vegetables, soups
- Try In: Meat rubs, sprinkled on goat cheese
- Special Tips: Grind to make powder or flakes, or rinse and soak in boiled water for 10 min to rehydrate