Chile, Paper Lantern, Massachusetts, Ground
Related to the habañero and slightly hotter, paper lantern chile has lots of heat and lots of flavor! The fruity, floral and citrusy flavor comes in at the front and the heat builds at the back, making this a wonderful chile powder for salsas and hot sauces. Grown in small batches by our friends at Meggie’s Farm, try a pinch in your eggs to start the day right!
Contains: Dried paper lantern powder.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum chinense
- Origin: Rehoboth, Massachusetts USA
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small local farm
- Harvest: Fall 2020
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, floral, fruity, hot, slightly smoky
- Pairs Well With: Sri Lankan Ground Ginger, avocados, eggs
- Try In: Salsa, hot sauce, cheese dips
- Special Tips: This is hot! Try a little and work your way up to your comfort level. Milk and cheese will cut the heat, and remember not to touch your eyes after handling