Chile, Chipotle, Ground
Chipotle chilies are jalapeños that have been vine ripened and then smoked, producing a dark purple-black chile with a wrinkly surface and smoky aroma. Dating back millennia in Central America, chipotle have a special place in Mexican cuisine and are prized for their moderate heat and complex flavor. We love the smoky, molasses depth and the versatility of this powder for hot sauces, chilies, stews or egg dishes. Perfect for making your own BBQ sauce!
Contains: Ground chipotle powder.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Origin: Doña Ana County, New Mexico USA
- Tasting Notes: Smoke, raisin, molasses, bitter, sweet, chocolate, tobacco
- Heat: 5k - 10k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Annatto, salsa, garlic
- Try In: Cool Heat Chipotle Dip, Vegetarian Chipotle Enchiladas Rojas
- Special Tips: Ditch the liquid smoke and use chipotle instead!