Chile, Cayenne, Ground
Medium to hot with a balanced flavor, ground cayenne is a kitchen staple. While standard grocery store cayenne powder can be dusty and only mildly hot, our cayenne is bursting with flavor and a well rounded heat! Up to 10x as hot as a jalapeño, cayenne peppers are roughly equivalent to a serrano. Peppery and slightly fruity, with a hint of grilled bell pepper, ground cayenne is the perfect chile powder to sprinkle on egg salad, fried fish, or to kick up the heat on a pot of curry.
Contains: Ground cayenne chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Tasting Notes: Medium-hot heat, peppery, grilled bell pepper, bright, fruity
- Heat: 30k-50k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Comfort Curry, chicken, seafood
- Try In: Yemenite Haroset, hummus
- Special Tips: Our chile powders and flakes are much fresher than most commercially available spices, which means they are often hotter and more flavorful! Use a little cayenne and work your way up to your comfort zone