Cardamom Seeds, Guatemalan
A relative of ginger and native to South Asia, green cardamom has been prized for its bright, unique flavor for thousands of years. Essential for Indian cooking, this spice is also indispensable for many Scandinavian and Middle Eastern recipes. We source our green cardamom seeds from a farming co-op centered in Coban, Guatemala, and are in love with its especially complex flavor. Most often sold in the pod, these seeds have been de-podded for your convenience and are ready to grind. Sprinkle a little on a citrus fruit salad or in your next pot of coffee!
Contains: Green cardamom seeds.
- Botanical Name: Elettaria cardamomum
- Alternate Names: Cardamon, cardamum
- Origin: Alta Verapaz, Republic of Guatemala
- Sourcing: Sourced from small farms by a local co-operative
- Tasting Notes: Bright, citrusy, fresh, peppery, piquant, mint
- Pairs Well With: Coffee, citrus fruit, tea
- Try In: Sicilian Wild Fennel Biscotti, Cherry-Almond-Mahlab Granola, Saffron Almond & Olive Oil Cake
- Learn More: Curio Spice Blog: 2020 Benefit Report
- Special Tips: Grind right before using to preserve freshness, or choose the ground option and use promptly!