Allspice (Pimento) Berries, Jamaican
Allspice, also commonly known as pimento, is prized for its complex and versatile flavor. Tasting like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove, the humble brown berry is essential in Caribbean and Middle Eastern cooking, and popular in many European style dishes as well. From pies to pickles, and BBQ to tomato sauce, this spice brings big flavor!
Contains: Dried pimento/allspice berries.
- Botanical Name: Pimenta dioica
- Alternate Names: Jamaica pepper, pimenta, myrtle pepper
- Origin: Jamaica
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a family farm
- Tasting Notes: Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, hint black pepper, complex, smooth
- Pairs Well With: Sweets, chicken, tomatoes
- Try In: Mushroom & Onion Galette with Pepper Mill Mix, jerk chicken, corned beef
- Special Tips: These berries may look hard, but they grind quickly with a mortar and pestle
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Zaitoun Palestinian Cookbook and Spice Set, as well as our Traditional Pickling Spice, and Single Origin Cabinet of Wonders Set. Or combine with Scotch Bonnet and Sicilian Bay Leaves, Gift Wrap