- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
This Iranian saffron is of exquisite quality and concentration, designated as being sargol, meaning ‘all red’. Trimming the threads to leave just the most aromatic and intensely pigmented part creates a clean flavor profile and gorgeous color with a smaller amount used. We adore this saffron in dishes where it can be the star of the show, like Persian rice, custard, or saffron chicken.
Prized for thousands of years, the saffron crocus was originally domesticated somewhere around the Mediterranean. Whether it was in Mesopotamia (modern-day Iran and Iraq) or ancient Greece remains debated, but its status as a precious commodity has prevailed down the years. The aromatic, crimson stigma and styles of the crocus flower are painstakingly gathered, dried, and graded to produce the aromatic saffron beloved by gourmands throughout history.
0.5 gram Jar
Contains: Saffron threads.
- Botanical Name: Crocus sativus
- Origin: Iran
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small farm
- Tasting Notes: Fresh hay, bittersweet, floral, earthy, honey, leather
- Pairs Well With: Rice, chicken, desserts
- Try In: Saffron & Apricot Goldies, Saffron Scented Popovers, Harissa & Saffron Jeweled Cauliflower
- Special Tips: Steep in warm (not boiling) water for up to 20 minutes before adding threads and steeping water to your dish. For dry recipes like cookies and cakes, grind thoroughly in a mortar and pestle before adding. Due to the trimming process, this saffron is more concentrated, so you can use less
Make it a Gift: Combine with other classic Persian flavors like Barberries, Mahlab, Omani Limes, Rose Petals, Gift Wrap