Grown in the fierce sunshine of Jamaica by High Noon Spice, these scotch bonnet peppers are dried and ground to give your cooking an infusion of classic Caribbean heat and flavor! A cultivar of the habanero, scotch bonnets are very hot and bursting with fruity, bright sweetness. Use this powder any time you want to add a hit of heat and tropical fruit to a dish. Use with caution!
Contains: Ground scotch bonnet chile.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum chinense
- Alternate Names: Jamaican Hot Pepper, Martinique Pepper, Bonney Pepper, Githeyo Mirus
- Origin: Treasure Beach, Jamaica
- Sourcing: Direct sourced from a small family farm using traditional Jamaican agricultural practices
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, fruity, floral, citrusy, extremely hot
- Heat: 100k-350k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Jamaican Ground Ginger, pork, chicken
- Try In: Jerk marinade, ceviche
- Special Tips: It is inadvisable to let scotch bonnet powder touch your skin, so use a measuring or spice spoon to add to dishes. If skin contact happens, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth and thoroughly scrub the area with dish soap immediately