Small and wildly hot, Tabasco chilies are probably best known for their namesake hot sauce, but they are capable of so much more! With a bright, floral flavor and tip-of-the-tongue heat, this intense but flavorful powder can add kick to your favorite recipes. Makes a good substitute for fresh birds eye chilies. Tabasco plays particularly nicely with vinegar and is wonderful in sauces and bean dishes. Careful - a little goes a long way!
0.45 oz jar
Contains: ground Tabasco chilies
- Ground in house for ultimate freshness
- Botanical Name: Capsicum frutescens
- Origin: San Carlos, Republic of Costa Rica
- Sourcing: Direct sourced from a small family farm using regenerative agroforestry and sustainable agricultural methods
- Tasting Notes: Bold, fruity, floral, vinegary, hot to very hot
- Heat: 30k-50k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Granulated Garlic, beans, vinegar
- Try In: Hot sauces, chili, guacamole
- Special Tips: Wash your hands thoroughly with dish soap after touching this your fingers, as these can be hot enough to cause skin irritation for those with sensitive skin.