While similar in flavor to anise, fennel, and star anise, licorice is actually in the legume family. Famously used to flavor its namesake candies that are so popular in Europe, licorice root is also wonderful in herbal teas. 30 to 50 times sweeter than sugar (and without sucrose’s antagonism to oral health), we love licorice root in teas, pork, game, and fruit desserts!
Contains: Dried licorice root chips.
- Botanical Name: Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Alternate Names: Liquorice
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, anise, fennel, herbaceous, green
- Pairs Well With: Ginger root, Green Cardamom pods, pork
- Try In: Herbal tea, rhubarb compote, pork chops