A pungent relative of ginger and turmeric, galangal is essential in many Southeast Asian dishes. Forming an underground rhizome similar to ginger, galangal has a ginger-y, mustardy flavor with a hint of camphor. This finely ground powder is made from galangal grown with care on a family farm.
Contains: Dried galangal powder.
- Alternate Names: Thai ginger
- Origin: San Carlos, Republic of Costa Rica
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small family farm using regenerative farming practices
- Tasting Notes: Zesty, ginger-y, mustardy, camphor, vinegar
- Pairs Well With: Soups, chicken, curries
- Try In: Thai curry, tom yum soup
- Special Tips: Galangal has a very strong flavor, so use a little and taste before adding more